ROAD BICYCLE DISC BRAKES. DISC BRAKES
ROAD BICYCLE DISC BRAKES. BERLIN BY BIKE. SMALL BIKE RAMPS.
Road Bicycle Disc Brakes
- A road bicycle is similar to a racing bicycle. However, road bikes are built more for endurance and less for fast bursts of speed, which is desired in a racing bicycle. They usually have more gear combinations and fewer hi-tech racing features.
- The disc brake or disk brake is a device for slowing or stopping the rotation of a wheel while it is in motion. A brake disc (or rotor in U.S. English) is usually made of cast iron, but may in some cases be made of composites such as reinforced carbon-carbon or ceramic-matrix composites.
- (disc brake) disk brake: hydraulic brake in which friction is applied to both sides of a spinning disk by the brake pads
- A type of vehicle brake employing the friction of pads against a disc that is attached to the wheel
- (disc brake) A type of brake system that uses discs (called rotors) that are attached to the wheel hubs and calipers attached to the frame that grip the rotors when the levers are squeezed. Discs provide maximum speed control and stopping power even in wet and muddy conditions.
A short road test...
The weather here finally warmed up (warm being a relative concept..) enough for me to venture out. Admittedly sidis and boot cut jeans are probably also on the cutting edge of test pilot fashion wear... but its only a ride around the block. Anyway, I haven't been able to install the JTEK shifter yet due to some technical issue so I'm stuck in the lowest gear. The bike rides well with the suspension taking care of the bumps and potholes. The steering also feels normal with the damper having some effect - I'll have to experiment to get an optimal setting. However you will bounce if you don't have a smooth pedal stroke - in low gear and with longer than my normal 165mm cranks installed on the Z I was definitely pedaling squares! The disc brakes did not feel as strong as I would like it but this could be due to the incompatibility between the brake lever and the caliper. Small issues to be resolved with further work - at least it didn't break!
NAUCC Muni 2011
We saw a bunch of unicycles, but this one was probably the coolest (from a bicycle guy's point of view) complete with a cross drilled disc brake!
bobber bike kits
garage bike lift
strap on bike rack
bike hid light
kettler ergoracer gt indoor cycling bike
schwinn spin bikes for sale
discount dirt bike helmets
Post a comment